3 Crucial Integration Stages of Building a Successful eCommerce Store
Standing ahead and unique in the highly competitive world of eCommerce is undeniably tedious. Though, it is not similar to rocket science however, you need to do a range of tasks efficiently including: elements to gather, identifying and setting the requirements, build different components and all other details of the mechanism. The eCommerce ecosystem comprises of Shopping cart technology, Order and Inventory management, CRM, Shipping and Delivery, Marketing and other crucial aspects. Thus, integrating all the tools in the website is certainly an intimidating and complex task.
Before proceeding with the process of building your exclusive eCommerce store, it becomes immensely important to know about the different parts or stages of the development process: Develop, Manage and Improve.
It comprises of all the components required for building the website and making it active. You need to consider the tools which, are essential for building an eCommerce store. Here is a basic toolkit for the ‘Develop’ stage.
- Content Management System (CMS): Content is undoubtedly the king of a website. Adhering the same, CMS integration will allow developers and entrepreneurs for improving planning, placing and managing your content.
- Shopping Cart and Payments: It is important to make the buying process as simple and secure as possible from the time of adding products to the online shopping cart to the last checkout process.
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM): It helps in managing communication with the potential and existing customers by including historical data of all the customers and leads.
- Analytics: Investing in Analytics will undoubtedly help you to cope with the cutthroat competition and do better.
- Customer support: Ranging from live chat to toll-free support, you need to include all types of effective channels for helping the customers.
After developing and launching your website successfully, the next element to consider is to have a well-planned shipping and delivery system and manage inventory levels efficiently. Following here is a toolkit for the ‘Manage’ Stage.
- Accounting: With the growth of your business, you must start using an accounting software to keep track record of all the transactions.
- Order and Shipping Management: Delivering the products on time is one of the key goals of an eCommerce store and thus, you must have proper shipping and delivery management.
- Warehouse and Inventory Management: An efficient stock management system will help businesses to manage their inventory levels skillfully.
Following here is a toolkit for the ‘Improve’ stage which, would help the business to increase sales.
- Conversion Optimisation tools: It is important to use some advanced performance tools including survey, A/B testing, scroll map and heat mapping tools.
- Email Automation: This feature will help the entrepreneurs to engage with the existing yet inactive customers, ask for feedback after buy and decrease the amount of cart abandonment.
- Marketplace Integration: Integrating the inventory with eCommerce marketplaces is a necessity for businesses.
- Artificial Intelligence: From chatbots and personal assistants to smart analytics and custom recommendations, Artificial Intelligence is changing the world of eCommerce rapidly.
A modern eCommerce store cannot live without integrating all these above mentioned tools. As the worthy choice, assigning the task to an expert web and application developer will help you to focus on your core competencies and complete the task skillfully.