Content Management Systems – Ten Reasons Why Joomla! Is the Best
Since it was developed in September 2005, Joomla! has grown to become one of the most powerful Content Management Systems (CMS) on the planet. In fact, it was downloaded more than 2.5 million times, by folks keen on publishing lots of content, within the first year of its release. In fact, most businesses that publish numerous articles daily, prefer using Joomla because it enables them to easily add new content, as well as to proofread or copy edit previous articles.
What is Joomla?
The name ‘Joomla’ comes from the Swahili word ‘Jumla’, which means ‘all together’. Basically, Joomla is a ‘free’ open source framework that enables a publishing company to publish content on the Internet, Intranets and certain Web application frameworks. It is written in PHP, stores data in MySQL, and includes handy features like online communities, RSS feeds, news flashes, blogs, polls and search.
Today, Joomla is used universally to power almost every type of Website, from simple, family homepages to complex business intranets. This award winning CMS solution is being used globally by non- techies to comfortably manage Website content, like, adding photos, copy editing text, processing online payments, booking online tickets and much more.
Top Reasons Why You Should Try Joomla:
- Totally Free: It may seem too good to be true, but you can download the latest version of Joomla free of cost from the Internet. Being an effective alternative to costly proprietary software, you won’t need a special license to use Joomla!
- Simple to Use: You won’t have to face the hassle of calling up a Web design professional, every time you want to make a minute change to your Website. Even people with no programming or technical skills will find it really easy to upload articles to a Joomla Website.
- Complete Package: This CMS offers thousands of customizable templates and more than 5,600 extensions, which are easy to use. Additional extensions can be speedily added by installing open source pre-built add-on components. This saves time and trouble on building components from scratch.
- Remotely Controlled: As the Joomla interface can be accessed using a simple Web browser, you don’t need to be at your work place to copy edit or proofread website content written by others. In fact, you can add or edit content at anytime, from any place in the world, provided you have a computer with an Internet connection, or an iPhone.
- Great Architecture: Joomla is well organized, with a centralized database and a well thought out navigation system. The main content is surrounded by a number of modules that display extra content, like a sidebar, footer, banners, contact box and more.
- Multiple Languages: Joomla has built-in support for multiple languages. If you plan to expand the reach of your company to foreign markets, you can easily create multilingual interfaces for users who speak different languages.
- Readable Links: The URL’s of Joomla Websites are easy to read, for both humans and search engines. They don’t contain confusing query strings with numbers or symbols, but have helpful keywords that clue you about the content inside, and lead to higher search engine rankings.
- Integrated Cache Management: Websites designed in Joomla have three levels of caching; page caching, view caching and module caching. This speeds up your Website, making it load faster and improving overall efficiency. This is a major reason why media companies and newspapers prefer to use Joomla over other systems.
- Future Proof: Joomla runs on all platforms and the latest browsers. As it is an open source CMS, which supports LAMP Technology (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP), there is a massive community of developers, who are constantly writing new extensions for the system. This ensures that Joomla will always be able to keep up with new technology developed in the future.
- Proven Efficacy: Over the past five years, Joomla has been tried and tested by the best developers on the Web. As the software is being successfully used by thousands of business owners around the world to efficiently manage their company, you can be sure of its worth.
The large number of advantages that comes with a Joomla Website has resulted in many companies adopting Joomla to handle their content. Joomla is especially useful to companies with a small or medium budget, as it offers more flexibility, more power, and more technology, without the associated price tag.
If you desire writing or proofreading services for a Joomla Website, but are unsure about how to go about finding one, you should contact an online copy writing company to help you out. You are sure to find a few online copy writing firms on the Internet, which offer affordable content management solutions.